Pilot's Post is proud to launch its "AVclick 2016" aviation related photo competition. By entering your favourite photos, you will not only share your aviation photography passion with thousands of others, you will also stand a chance to win exciting prizes this year. Our prizes for this competition were carefully chosen to suit everyone's aviation interest and that is why we are offering the winner a choice between three different options.
The winner will have the option to choose one of the following three options:
1. An Air-To-Air photo shoot.
This is an experience out of reach to most aviation photography enthusiasts and it will offer an exhilarating new experience to most. The shoot will start with a briefing by Willie Bodenstein who has countless hours of air-to-air photography experience, to share some tip and tricks of the trade. After a safety briefing by the pilot, you will take off for this exiting way of aviation photography.
2. An Aerobatic Introduction Flight.
An aerobatic flight is not regularly available and we felt that this is another exciting option for our competition winner to choose from. Flying aerobatics may not be for everyone but for most it is the adrenaline rush you have been dreaming of your whole life. Due to the nature of aerobatic flying, the instructor will brief you on all procedures including emergency and planned activities for the flight and you will then depart for some rolls, loops, stall turns and a sequence with some of these manoeuvres combined.
3. A Breakfast Flyaway for Two.
Some may not prefer the high paced activities of aviation and we are therefore offering this option to the winner where he or she may invite a companion along for a scenic flight and a breakfast. This is also an activity enjoyed by all but it provides a relaxed and memorable outing while preserving our aviation theme of the competition.
Runner up prizes 2nd and 3rd will be sponsored by "The Aviation Shop":
∑ The winner of our second prize will be a R2000 gift voucher from "The Aviation Shop" in Randburg.
∑ The winner of our third prize will be a R1000 gift voucher from "The Aviation Shop" in Randburg.
How to Enter:
Entering your aviation related photo is easy and simple. All images must be emailed to email@example.com with the following detail included:
Where the photo was taken,
A theme name of the photo (Optional).
Due to the large amount of entries we expect, Pilot's Post will not acknowledge your entry!!
1. When entering the competition by sending your photo to Pilot's Post, you explicitly grant publishing permission of your submitted photograph at the Pilot's Post team discretion without any remuneration or obligation to you.
2. Submitted Photos must be resized to be less than 1 megabyte in size. If full-size photographs are required, the Pilot's Post team will request them from you.
3. All submissions must have an aviation theme.
4. Photo submissions may be cropped and / or resized only. Any other form of photo alteration or manipulation is not allowed and will be disqualified.
5. You may submit only one entry per week.
1. The Pilot's Post Team will select the 4 best photos submitted every week and add them in our "Midweek Update" published every Thursday morning where our readers will then cast their votes by simply clicking the link below their photo of their choice.
2. At the end of each month, a complete article will be published on Pilot's Post to include the weekly photo submissions with the most reader votes. Our readers will then again have the opportunity to cast their votes by simply clicking the link below their photo of their choice and the photo with the highest amount of votes will then proceed to the final 6 entries.
3. After 6 months, the photo submissions with the highest amount of monthly votes (the final 6) will again be published for a final readership vote. The photo submission with the highest amount of votes will be declared the winner.
The Pilot's Post "AVclick 2016" aviation related photo competition is open only to photographers resident in South Africa as our prizes are not transferable and can only be redeemed in South Africa. Trustees, Board Members, Employees, or interns of Pilot's Post, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
The Aviation Shop
The Pilot's Post "AVclick 2016" Aviation Related Photo Competition will commence on 1 May 2016 and will end at midnight on 31 October 2016. (The "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
1. Prizes are not transferable.
2. In the event that any of the aircraft required by the "Winner Options" are unavailable due technical issues or any other reason, the "Winner Options" may be reduced based on the aircraft availability.
3. Prizes must be redeemed within 3 months after the prize winners have been announced.
4. All "Winner Options" will depart from the Jack Taylor Aerodrome in Krugersdorp but Pilot's Post reserves the right to change this location at any time during or after the competition.
5. The competition winner (and his companion if applicable) will be required to complete and sign an indemnity form prior to any aviation activity taking place.
6. Winners will remain responsible for their own transport to redeem their prizes.
7. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Pilot's Post "AVclick 2016" aviation related photo competition or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the competition, (b) technical errors, (c) publishing errors, (d) late or undelivered mail, (e) errors in the administration of the competition or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorney fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Privacy and Publicity: